Acle CC are a well established Cricket Club based in Norfolk. We operate 4 Senior Teams in the Norolk Cricket Alliance and Norfolk Cricket Team, a Sunday side in the Mid Norfolk League, Midweek T20 sides and Age Group sides from U9 to U19. We currently operate wide ranging Junior Training as well as Dynamo and All Star sessions. We have two impressive home grounds at Acle and Halvergate
Acle Cricket Club wishes to develop its coaching capacity through the appointment of a Club Coach to be involved across all areas of the Club’s Cricket. The Club Coach will need to build upon the foundations that are already in place and continue to grow and improve cricket at the club working closely with the Director of Cricket (DoC). The successful candidate will be required to coach both junior and senior sections of the Club and will also form a key link between the two sections. The main objective of the Club Coach will be to provide a high level of cricket coaching across the various age groups and push the performance aspect of individual players and the club collectively.
- Deliver the coaching programme for cricket working closely with the Director of Cricket, Cricket Committee, Captain and Junior representatives.
- Improve and sustain the quality of cricket coaching across the Club.
- Aid in the implementation of the programmes for cricket through the club.
Nature and Objectives of the Role
We are looking for an individual who shares the ethos of the Club to encourage participation and motivate players to fulfil their potential and enjoying playing hard, competitive cricket but in the right spirit.
- Establish a strategy for engagement with the Club’s members and local community to improve availability and participation.
- Work with the Club’s management team to establish the best possible coaching and playing environment for both junior and senior members and help take the Club to the next level in terms of ability, organisation and management.
- Lead, inspire and motivate the coaching team, setting in place the standards and processes to ensure all our coaches are continually improving and delivering high quality coaching on a consistent basis
- Ensure that talented players are identified early and given the coaching and development to fulfil their potential building a pathway for success in senior cricket.
- Ensure that all players, junior and senior, enjoy their cricket, continue to play and to be the best that they can be.
- Plan a complete programme of coaching activities for the winter and summer in line with ECB coaching guidelines and appropriate for the skill levels of the participants
- Work with senior team Captains to ensure that juniors are properly managed as they enter adult cricket are given the best opportunities to develop their game, and that senior players make the best use of practice sessions to improve their skills.
- Plan and execute a strategy for engagement with the Club’s members and local community to improve levels of availability and participation in cricket at the Club.
- Monitor and develop the skills of the Club’s coaches
- Plan, organise and manage the Club’s junior coaching programme & player transition
- Deliver specific cricket coaching for the Club’s most talented junior players
- Plan and oversee the Club’s senior coaching programme
- Support the Volunteer Officers of the Club
- Develop stronger links to local schools
- In addition to providing the duties, we would invite the Head Coach to be a playing member of the 1st XI.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of coaching cricket to a high level in schools or clubs.
- ECB Level Two coaching certificate or higher. We will consider a strong candidate who has level 1 certification and is committed to attaining level 2 and beyond.
- Player/Coach role will also be looked on favourably
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage others to deliver a rewarding cricketing experience for players when the DoC is not present.
- High degree of professionalism including punctuality.
- Act as a focal point of the club, applicants need to have good social, organisational, man-management and coaching skills.
- A supporter of the sporting ethos and traditions of Acle Cricket Club.
The position offers a remuneration package based on skills, experience and expertise with significant potential to supplement income through private coaching, cricket camps and other possible opportunities.