Financial services firm looking for a confident and competent part time Finance Assistant to join dynamic inhouse finance team, supporting the operations in a busy, medium-sized company.
This role reports to the Finance Manager.
- Assist in managing the financial accounting aspects of the organisation.
- Daily processing of insurer revenue – EDI and standard commissions
- Downloading bank statement and updating the three company Day Books every day.
- Downloading commission statements and allocating income on Intelligent Office every day.
- Reconciling the Daybooks to the Cash Receipts every day.
- Working on the Aged Debtor list to chase outstanding income.
- Assisting with end of month reporting.
- Assisting with processing staff expenses each month.
- Helping to answer general finance enquiries received from the Support Teams.
- Ensure IO and other back office systems are kept up to date with relevant accounting information.
- To comply with FCA requirements.
- Ensure company procedures are followed, in order to adhere with both quality standards and compliance regulation.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a finance assistant role
- Experience with back office system IO (Intelligent Office) is beneficial
- Sage experience an advantage
This role is offered on a part time basis, roughly 2/3 days per week flexibility around these hours.